Moving Your School Forward From Good To Outstanding: Creating ambitious and outstanding leaders
We are delighted to announce the launch of a new course Moving Your School Forward From Good To Outstanding: Creating ambitious and outstanding leaders who can deliver a whole school approach to develop exceptional pupil outcomes, confidently making links to the new common inspection framework.
This one day is course is aimed at headteachers and senior leaders in nursery, infant, primary and secondary schools. It is highly practical and provides senior leaders with an understanding of the requirements of becoming outstanding, and looks at the new requirements of the current inspection framework. The course explores leadership strategies to enable senior and middle leaders, to bring about school improvement and move their school from good to outstanding, particularly in terms of the quality of teaching.
The course objectives are as follows:
- To explore leadership qualities and strategies that can develop exceptional pupil outcomes and motivate staff.
- To review and evaluate the new CIF (Common Inspection Framework) and consider its implications in developing outstanding teaching, learning and assessment.
- To create an effective observation process that is closely linked to CPD and appraisal, and ultimately generates school improvement.
- To become confident in the role of observer and ensure feedback is effective and accurate to ensure consistent outstanding practice.
- Identify the features of an outstanding lesson and explore the links between outstanding teaching and the impact upon exceptional learning.
- Develop a working toolkit of coaching strategies that can motivate all staff.
- Develop a rigorous monitoring process to ensure data, progress of pupils and observation judgements are accurate and up to scrutiny and challenge by external reviews and inspection.
- Motivating and sharing high expectations throughout the School developing confident middle managers to effectively model and share good practice amongst their teams.
The course will run for the first time on 14 January 2016 at Heath House Training and Conference Centre in Uttoxeter Staffordshire.
To read more about this course, or to book one of the limited places, please go to Moving Your School Forward From Good To Outstanding