New Course: Moderation for KS1 and KS2 in the Primary School 2017
We are delighted to announce the development of a new course called Moderation for KS1 and KS2 in the Primary School 2017.
This course helps to address some of the current concerns around the evidence needed for moderation, what the process will involve and what is meant by the 100% rule. It will also clarify the expectations for those children meeting the greater depth criteria.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Explore the requirements for assessment using the Interim Teacher Assessment Frameworks for Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2 (or both)
- Be aware of how the end of Key Stage assessment is a whole school issue
- Be able to assess children’s work in line with National Expectations at the end of Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2 (or both)
- Be confident in good practice as preparation for Moderation (either in house, across schools or with the LA)
- Understand the assessment requirements for those children at Pre-Key Stage standards.The morning session will focus on KS1 and the afternoon session will focus on KS2.
The course is provided by Claire who is an experienced moderator, literacy consultant and deputy headteacher. As a moderator she has worked in both Key Stage One and Key Stage Two and has moderated using the ITAFs in 2016.
The first course will take place in Uttoxeter Staffordshire on 22 November.
For full course details are available on the website. Just visit the appropriate page below:
- KS1 9:00 – 12:00pm Course details
- KS2 1:00 – 4:00pm Course details
- KS1 and KS2 9:00 – 4:00pm includes lunch Course details
For further information regarding this course please contact PBM Inspection Services Ltd on 01889 567 014