Maximising performance management: Appraising Non Teaching Staff – Book course places for just £115+VAT
Are you ready to lead appraisals? Take a look behind door number 14 for a little extra help and support.
PBM provide two courses that are designed to help and support headteachers and senior leaders who are carrying our appraisals and performance management reviews.
The two courses are:
- Developing Effective Appraisal & Performance Management Skills For Teachers
- Maximising performance management: Appraising Non Teaching Staff
- Book 1 place on Developing Effective Appraisal & Performance Management Skills For Teachers (£195+VAT per person)
- Get £75 off the cost of a place on Maximising performance management: Appraising Non Teaching Staff (Normally £190+VAT per person – with this offer, £115+VAT per person)
Course summary: Developing Effective Appraisal & Performance Management Skills For Teachers
The effective appraisal and performance management of staff is an important part of a school’s strategy for raising the quality of teaching. Recently, new guidance for appraisal, the Teaching Standards and performance related pay have all been introduced; Ofsted inspectors now examine the impact of these in schools. This course will explain what schools need to have in place, and the skills required, for the successful appraisal and performance management of staff.
By the end of the course participants will gain an understanding of:
- The current regulations regarding appraisal and performance management.
- Using the Teaching Standards and the Ofsted criteria for appraisal and performance management.
- How to appraise and performance manage staff effectively including setting objectives, monitoring performance and feeding back to colleagues.
- How Ofsted evaluate the impact of appraisal and performance management in schools.
- How to develop the link between performance and pay.
Booking code: 1412DEMPMPMS
Course summary: Maximising performance management: Appraising Non Teaching Staff
The workshop is designed for Managers and Headteachers who wish to improve their skills in conducting one-to-one performance reviews as part of a performance management process. The course will consider the skills needed for carrying out effective performance reviews, listening, questioning, gathering information and evidence, rating and feedback. It will also look at the stages of a performance review meeting, whether it is regular supervision or the annual appraisal. In addition, specific guidelines for setting objectives will be explored. Applications of these skills and techniques to specific situations generated by participants will be discussed and addressed. Performance review meetings will be role-played in small groups. This is a highly practical workshop and participants learn through a range of training approaches including short demonstrations, skills practice, reflection and discussion.
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the key stages and individual responsibilities within a performance review process.
- Describe the purpose of performance ratings and how to apply them consistently.
- Apply a robust model for performance management.
- Deliver effective feedback & explore performance issues.
- Identify development outcomes and appropriate learning interventions
Booking code: 1412DEMPMPMS
Tags: Appraisal, Course, education, leadership and management, Ofsted criteria, PBM, PBM Training and Consultancy, performance management, Performance related pay, regulations, School CPD, Schools, the Teaching Standards
New & Pilot Courses
Limited Availability Courses
News & Event Categories
- 24 Days of Christmas
- and algorithms
- Appraisal and performance management
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Computer science
- Computing across the curriculum
- computing curriculum
- concrete to abstract
- criteria for appraisal and performance management
- Curriculum 2014
- Dealing with Difficult people
- digital literacy
- Finance & Budgeting
- Finance Governors
- Good to Outstanding
- inspection preparation
- Lesson observation
- Mastery in mathematics
- Middle Leadership
- Multi-academy trust (MAT)
- New curriculum
- New Framework
- PBM Membership
- performance related pay
- performance review
- Punctuation and Grammar (SPAG)
- Pupil Premium
- Reasoning and Problem Solving
- School Business Manager
- School Finance & Budgeting
- school improvement
- self evaluation
- Senior Leaders
- Special educational needs
- Standard for teachers’ professional development
- Teacher subject knowledge
- teaching and learning
- Teaching Standards
- Tourette’s Syndrome
- training and meeting rooms