Course Options: 1 Day
Recommended Max People: 25
Full day from: £980.00 + VAT to £1280.00 + VAT
Half day from: N/A + VAT to N/A + VAT
Add additional participant for as little as £33.00 + VAT per person per day
Please Note: Course costs are based on 15 participants
This course can be tailored to your individual requirements
Motivating, Engaging and Supporting Boys and Reluctant Writers (Primary)The course is designed to help participants to explore how to engage and motivate boys and reluctant writers in the Primary School.
- Research on engaging boys and reluctant writers
- The challenges of engaging boys and reluctant writers in the Primary School
- Strategies on how to engage boys and reluctant writers
- Games and activities to encourage boys and reluctant writers
- Top tips on engaging boys and reluctant writers
- Exploring the good practice on raising boys’ attainment
- Motivating boy writers
- Essential strategies for teaching boys effectively
If you only need to book one or two places
If you only require one or two course places, then you may wish to attend the course at our head office in Staffordshire. To go straight to the correct page, please CLICK HERE
By the end of the course participants will:
- explore the effective teaching of boys and reluctant writers
- discuss the strategies needed to engage boys and reluctant writers
- explore the best strategies to improve word, sentence and text work
- develop an action plan ( whole-school) to raise standards in boys’ writing
- discuss the use of good, multi-layered texts to engage and motivate children
- to explore the use of speaking, listening and drama activities to engage and motivate learners
Detailed course outline and session time table
- Introduction –
- What the research and data show about teaching boys and reluctant writers?
- What do boys and reluctant writers need to be able to engage / be motivated to write effectively?
- The strategies needed to engage boys and reluctant writers
- Improving vocabulary
- Improving sentences
- Improving writing
- Games and activities to engage and motivate
- Using good, multi-layered texts to engage and motivate.
- Suggested texts to motivate boys and reluctant readers and writers
- Using speaking, listening and drama to engage and motivate.
- Developing an action plan to raise standards / to engage and motivate boys and reluctant writers
Tutor information and feedback
Caroline is an experienced Primary Literacy Consultant. She has taught across the Primary age range; Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. For twelve years, she worked as a Primary Literacy Consultant for a local authority until becoming an independent Consultant in 2012. Her areas of expertise include raising standards in literacy, the teaching of reading and writing, subject leader support and accelerating progress in literacy. She is known and respected for her clear and succinct advice on what the next steps should be to improve the teaching of literacy. She is passionate about improving the teaching of literacy in Primary Schools and delivering lively, valuable training to enable teachers to deliver first class literacy for all children.