Course Options: 1 Day
Recommended Max People: 25
Full day from: £980 + VAT to £1280 + VAT
Half day from: N/A + VAT to N/A + VAT
Add additional participant for as little as £33 + VAT per person per day
Please Note: Course costs are based on 15 participants
This course can be tailored to your individual requirements
How to meet the Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar expectations at KS2
Aimed at: Teachers in First, Infant, Junior, Middle and Primary Schools (particularly but not exclusive to Y2 and Y6) Primary English Subject Leaders.
This course helps to address the need to teach Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar in KS2 with direct reference to the age related expectations at the end of the Key Stage. It will help to support teachers with the teaching of SPaG in each year group in order to ensure that the teaching of SPaG is a whole school concern, where the children are taught specific skills and qualities to assist them when experiencing the SATs.
Nb Delegates will need to bring a book with them that they would like to use as a class text, in order to use it during a group workshop.
- To understand the key requirements for teaching SPaG inKS2.
- To be prepared as a whole school to consistently teach specific SPaG skills
- Activities and games to use to support the teaching of SPaG
- How to deliver the teaching of SPaG in context using whole class texts
Course Objectives: How to meet the Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar expectations at KS2
By the end of the course participants will:
- Explore the requirements for SPaG using the National Curriculum 2014 for Key Stage 2
- Be aware of how the end of Key Stage assessment is a whole school issue
- Be confident in delivering interesting, purposeful and practical SPaG lessons using games and activities
Session information: Exciting ways to teach Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPaG) at KS2
Key Stage Two
Session One Phonics and Spelling requirements at KS2 Games and Activities to teach spellings at KS2
Session Two Punctuation requirements at KS2 Games and Activities to teach punctuation at KS2
Session Three Grammar requirements at KS2 Games and Activities to teach Grammar at KS2
Session Four Application of SPaG skills across the curriculum Planning the teaching of SPaG in context