Course Options: Full day, Half day, Twilight
Recommended Max People: 30
Full day from: £855 + VAT to £1155 + VAT
Half day from: £630 + VAT to £830 + VAT
Add additional participant for as little as £33 + VAT per person per day
Please Note: Course costs are based on 15 participants
This course can be tailored to your individual requirements
Dyscalculia: more than numbers- struggling with maths across the primary curriculum
Maths is used in every subject. Whether it is throwing a ball, understanding dates in history, planning a journey or baking a cake, calculations are being made. Children with dyscalculia struggle to understand the relationship between numbers. Sequencing is also a challenge.
This training aims to work alongside staff to help them to understand the impact dyscalculia has on a learner, to reflect on where maths is used in particular subjects, and how learners can be supported.
By the end of the course participants will:
- 1. have a better understanding of the nature of dyscalculia;
- 2. have the confidence to encourage pupils to develop mathematical connections in subjects other than maths;
- 3. have developed some strategies to support learners;
- 4. know where to go for additional support.
- 5. have shared experiences.
Detailed course outline and session time table
Session 1 (9:30-10:45):
- What is dyscalculia – common symptoms.
- Children’s experiences
- What is dyscalculia – practical examples.
- Discovering maths in all classrooms.
- Explore how to support the child with dyscalculia in the classroom.
- Sharing experiences.
- Strategies to support those with dyscalculia.