Non Members: £115.00 (excluding VAT)
Members: £103.50 (excluding VAT)
Course Length: Half Day
Venue address: PBM Training and Consultancy (Head Office), Heath House Training and Conference Centre, Cheadle Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 7BY
01 January 2020
This half day course is highly practical and is designed to equip Headteachers, Deputy Headteachers, Governors and Senior Leaders with a process for establishing and implementing a clear, highly detailed vision and values which:
- has input from ALL stakeholders;
- is embedded within your mission statement, aims and objectives;
- can withstand rigorous questioning;
- Informs curriculum planning and delivery;
- Impacts on school improvement;
- can be easily implemented upon return to school.
Course Overview and In-School Training Information
In-School TrainingThis course is available as in-school training. If you would like to find out more about in-school training please go to the in-school training section CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT IN SCHOOL TRAINING or call us on 01889 567 014
- To establish your current position; what is your vision for your school, who knows the vision? Does it steer the direction of school performance, ethos and improvement? Do your pupils, staff, governors and parents know the values and expected behaviours around the vision?
- To look at Headteacher National Standards area ‘Shaping the Future’ and HT accountability.
- To determine what a vision is.
- To practise the process described to formulate a vision.
- To explore values associated with key elements of the vision.
- To consider behaviours within all groups of stakeholders which would facilitate the vision being achieved.
- To look at how the learning environment can be a catalyst in the process.
Detailed course outline and session time table
- Introductions and objectives.
- Shaping the Future.
- Key elements of a vision.
- Consideration of national and local context.
- Practising the beginning of the process.
- Exploring the notion of values to underpin a vision.
- Behaviours which facilitate the vision and values.
- Difficult questions re personal behaviours and expectations.
- A case study which describes the whole process.
- The Behaviour Policy.
- The learning environment.
- “Good structure provided in order to review and then create vision and values”.
- [What were the strongest features of the training] “Practical applications- developing vision & values within school community- super”.
- [What were the strongest features of the training] “How all the areas fitted together in order to create a strategic process”.
- “The person delivering the training had lived it”.
- [What were the strongest features of the training] “The belief in the tutor in what she was delivering”.