Non Members: £195.00 (excluding VAT)
Members: £175.50 (excluding VAT)
Course Length: 1 Day
Venue address: PBM Inspection Services, Heath House Training and Conference Centre, Cheadle Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 7BY
10 January 2018
10 May 2018
09:30 to 15:30
Using Pupil Premium to raise achievement and tackle disadvantage whilst demonstrating effectiveness
The course is designed to help participants to understand the current policy on pupil premium, explore how pupil premium can be used effectively to raise attainment and close the attainment gap between the most disadvantaged pupils and their peers, and how to evaluate and demonstrate effective use of the pupil premium. Participants will look ways to develop a strategic approach to Pupil Premium use through targeting and planning interventions to best suit their school community.
"The tutor is a serving HT and OFSTED inspector - his knowledge is excellent and I liked that he is realistic but at the same time his passion for excellent education came across. Very useful materials on a disc. Thankyou"
By the end of the course participants will:
- Have a better understanding of how schools can use their freedoms and pupil premium funding to close the attainment gap
- Understand the role and responsibility of the Governing body in holding the school to account and ensuring effective use of pupil premium
- Understand how to demonstrate effective use of pupil premium funding to Ofsted and other stakeholders
- Build the evidence base to support good practice
- Be aware of good practice nationally and have an awareness of effective interventions across schools through Pupil Premium Reviews
- Know and use data to demonstrate and optimise Pupil Premium impact
- Understand how curricular freedoms can support the learning of disadvantaged pupils
- develop a strategic approach to Pupil Premium use through targeting and planning interventions to best suit their school community
Course Overview and In-School Training Information
Participants who will have an interest in this event will include headteachers, deputy headteachers, assistant headteachers, education advisers, school business managers, virtual school heads, school improvement officers, governors and anyone responsible for co-ordinating or implementing Pupil premium use. The course focuses on raising attainment using the pupil premium; addressing underachievement in vulnerable groups, identifying the most effective areas to target using the additional funding and evidencing to Ofsted good practice and the closing of the attainment gap. The course looks at ways to demonstrate good use of the pupil premium, and it looks at accountability. It explores the role of school business managers in providing clear audit trail and demonstrating value for money for the interventions. Further details regarding the course content can be found in the session time table
In-School TrainingThis course is available as in-school training. If you would like to find out more about in-school training please go to the in-school training section CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT IN SCHOOL TRAINING or call us on 01889 567 014
Participants who will have an interest in this event will include headteachers, deputy headteachers, assistant headteachers, education advisers, school business managers, virtual school heads, school improvement officers, governors and anyone responsible for co-ordinating or implementing Pupil premium use.
Detailed course outline and session time table
Session 1Raising Attainment Using the Pupil Premium
- Requirements of funding
- Addressing underachievement in vulnerable groups
- Identifying the most effective areas to target using the additional funding
- Evidencing to Ofsted good practice and the closing of the attainment gap
Session 2Demonstrating Good Use of the Pupil Premium to Ofsted
- Practical strategies based on shared good practice nationally
- Using school specific data and knowledge and the national and local evidence base to develop an effective strategy
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of interventions:
Session 3Supporting Disadvantaged SEND/ CLA Pupils to Achieve Using the Pupil Premium
- Key areas for development in using Pupil Premium funding to increase attainment of disadvantaged pupils with SEND/ CLA
- Engaging parents to enhance attainment and achievement
- Looking at role of school business managers, providing clear audit trail , demonstrating value for money for the interventions, publish Pupil Premium expenditure online
- Ensuring data systems can adequately identify and track pupils entitled to the funding
Session 4Developing an evidence base for Pupil Premium interventions
- Using the evidence base to improve interventions
- Developing initiatives to raise the attainment of the poorest pupils in the most challenging schools
- Good practice
- Action planning
- Time for participants to reflect on day and identify areas for school action
Tutor information and course feedback
This has been incredibly useful for me, as someone about to embark on the PP leader role! Really clear delivery with precise examples
Excellent delivery, interesting tutor, easy to listen to. Good to look at things from headteacher and inspector point of view
Very clear delivery. Good, easily understood information
Delivery by a serving head who understands the issues – and helped by the fact hi is an Ofsted inspector so could give that perspective
Very real – Great day – lots to go away and do
Thankyou – Very helpful.
Really useful; knowledgeable trainer
Tutor's expertise. Sharing of good practice and thought provoking scenarios. Attacked P.P. from many different angles. Would like to say a big thank you to catering staff. Super lunch.
Knowledge and pedagogy of tutor.
Information of new OFSTED framework fed into training. Thank you
Information (including file and disc), pace of presentation confidence of provider.
Open forum - felt I could raise points/ ask questions. Reflection times were valuable.Additional materials.
A carefully structured and well thought out - Very thorough. Thank you
The usable, immediately do-able advice in terms of pupil premium, inspection and data analysis activities.
This was thoroughly informative and interesting. As a new deputy head it was an excellent first stop for Pupil Premium.
Practical ideas given and resources provided. Great food!
Expertise of Tutor. V. clear and explained things really well. Fantastic vegan catering! Thank you
Very enjoyable & informative - Thank you
Very knowledgeable, dynamic presentation.
Practical examples and specialist knowledge of trainer. Very informative course Thank you. Certainly use PBM training again.
The tutor is a serving HT and OFSTED inspector - his knowledge is excellent and I liked that he is realistic but at the same time his passion for excellent education came across. Very useful materials on a disc. Thankyou
Excellent tips for how to record/analyse pupil premium data and present to OFSTED
Really supported ways to record what we actually provide for our children that is often overlooked - case study info
The course was extremely informative, Facilitator; excellent
Small group of participants so training could meet individual needs
Range of templates (trackers to use on our own audit)
Lots of ideas and resources to take away and use at school.
Opportunities for discussion and compare practice