Non Members: £195 (excluding VAT)
Members: £175.50 (excluding VAT)
Course Length: 1 Day
Venue address: PBM Training and Consultancy (Head Office), Heath House Training and Conference Centre, Cheadle Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 7BY
01 January 2020
09.30 to 16:00
This one day course looks at:
- What is Child Abuse?
- Legislation & Guidance,
- Categories of abuse,
- Signs & Symptoms,
- How to respond to a concern,
By the end of the course participants will:
- UNDERSTAND the various types of child abuse and neglect,
- BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY the signs and what to look for,
- KNOW what steps to take if there is a suspicion of abuse,
- KNOW what to do if a child or adult discloses abuse,
- UNDERSTAND the importance of keeping records.
Detailed course outline and session time table
Session 1 9:30-10:45
- What is child abuse?
Session 2 11:00-12:15
- Legislation & guidance.
Session 3 1:00-2:15
- Signs of indicators of abuse and neglect.
Session 4 2:30-3:45
- Responding to concerns.
- Record keeping.
- Confidentiality & professionalism.
Ann Marie is an experienced NSPCC accredited trainer and current frontline practitioner who specialises in providing safeguarding consultancy and accredited child protection training to child care organisations. Her background and experience are within social work management; managing teams of social workers who support schools with their vulnerable pupils, Local authority LADO, LSCB Trainer, CWDC Safer recruitment trainer and School Improvement advisor. She is passionate about ensuring schools and other organisations understand their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and safer recruitment and provide a preventative service (offer early help) to young people and their families.