Non Members: £195.00 (excluding VAT)
Members: £150 (excluding VAT)
Course Length: 1 Day
Venue address: PBM Inspection Services, Heath House Training and Conference Centre, Cheadle Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 7BY
01 January 2020
09:30 to 15:30
School Finance And Budgeting – a basic introduction for those new to school finance and budgeting
was £195+VAT per person
Book 1 place £175+VAT per person
Book 2 places £165+VAT per person
Book 3 places £150+VAT per person
Course Overview and in-school training information
This course is designed for New Primary Headteachers or those preparing for headship, Finance Governors, School Business Managers (SBM’s), and Finance Staff, but is appropriate for anyone wishing to gain a basic understanding of school finance. It helps participants to get an understanding of how to maximise the potential of the organisation through effective budget and finance management, illustrating how the SDP can effectively drive finance and direct spending in school. The course will help participants to gain an understanding of how to use strategic planning and the School Development Plan to drive the budget and utilise all funds to take the school forward.The course explores financial roles and responsibilities, Effective monitoring and reporting, policies and procedures, action planning for ongoing improvement and Swot analysis.
In-School TrainingThis course is available as in-school training. If you would like to find out more about in-school training please go to the in-school training section CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT IN SCHOOL TRAINING or call us on 01889 567 014
New Heads, Senior Leaders, Middle Leaders, Governors and Finance staff will be able to go back to their own schools and assess whether they are making best use of their budgets to support the schools development through:
- Financial roles and responsibilities.
- Strategic planning and SDP links.
- Delegated budget systems.
- Effective monitoring and reporting.
- Policies and procedures.
- Action planning for ongoing improvement.
- Swot analysis.
Detailed course outline and session time table
- Introductions and objectives
- Roles and responsibilities
- Review of current practice
- Financial processes in schools
- Strategic planning and SDP links
- Delegated budget systems
- Setting the budget
- Consistent financial reporting
- Monitoring and reporting
- The annual financial cycle
- Best value and VFM
- Policies and procedures
- Financial standards
- Review of objectives
Tutor information and course feedback
- “Thought programme was excellent especially hearing from Suzanne who is doing role”
- “Clearly great understanding of budgeting & school business”
- “Thought day was really informative. Thank you”
- “Very personalised”