Non Members: £190.00 (excluding VAT)
Members: £152 (excluding VAT)
Course Length: 1 Day
Venue address: PBM Training and Consultancy (Head Office), Heath House Training and Conference Centre, Cheadle Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 7BY
01 January 2020
09:30 to 15:30
Maximising Performance Management Skills: Appraising Non-Teaching Staff
was £190.00+VAT per person
Book 1 place only £171+VAT per person
Book 2 places only £161+VAT per person
Book 3 places only £152+VAT per person
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the key stages and individual responsibilities within a performance review process.
- Describe the purpose of performance ratings and how to apply them consistently.
- Apply a robust model for performance management.
- Deliver effective feedback & explore performance issues.
- Identify development outcomes and appropriate learning interventions
In-School Training Information
In-School TrainingThis course is available as in-school training. If you would like to find out more about in-school training please go to the in-school training section CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT IN SCHOOL TRAINING or call us on 01889 567 014
Staff including Headteachers and governors who have to carry out performance management reviews, half-yearly and any other regular one-to-one reviews of non-teaching staff for example caretakers, catering staff and lunchtime supervisors, teaching assistants, crossing patrol person, playground supervisors etc, as part of a performance management process.
Detailed course outline and session time table
- Introductions and overview of the day.
- Identifying why we have performance management processes.
- Review of the components of 1:1 meetings, including listening and questioning skills.
- Preparing for the appraisal meeting. Collecting and evaluating data.
- Assessing motivation and ability. Role play exercises to assess data and rate. Setting and documenting objectives.
- Role – Play performance management situations and their solutions.
- Development planning.
- Action planning.
- “Garry kept us motivated throughout the day- lots of involvement and interaction.”
- “Very clearly presented with informative booklet and powerpoint. I would recommend it to others”.
- “Feel more confident when doing appraisals even though the same difficulties still exist”.
- “Garry was very informative and helped explore ideas/ thinking. Excellent- would certainly recommend it”.
- “The tutor was excellent and very knowledgeable in the course material. Training was relaxed and not too ‘hard going’ but very informative’.
- “Excellent venue, relaxed atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff”.
Membership special offers
25 May 2016: