Non Members: £195 (excluding VAT)
Members: £175.50 (excluding VAT)
Course Length: 1 Day
Venue address: PBM Inspection Services, Heath House Training and Conference Centre, Cheadle Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 7BY
01 January 2020
09:30 to 15:30
Literacy Support For Newly Qualified Teachers In The Primary School
This course is aimed at NQTs or recently qualified Primary teachers. It will cover the literacy expectations for each year group; effective planning of a literacy unit and how to deliver good or outstanding literacy lessons. Reading, writing, phonics/ spelling, speaking/ listening games and activities will be given for all Primary age ranges. Accelerating the progress of all children will be explored.
Course Overview and In-School Training Information
This course is designed to help and support newly qualified or recently qualified Primary teachers. It will cover the literacy expectations for each year group; effective planning of a literacy unit and how to deliver good or outstanding literacy lessons. Reading, writing, phonics/ spelling, speaking/ listening games and activities will be given for all Primary age ranges. Accelerating the progress of all children will be explored.
In-School TrainingThis course is available as in-school training. If you would like to find out more about in-school training please go to the in-school training section CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT IN SCHOOL TRAINING or call us on 01889 567 014
The course objectives include:
- end of year literacy expectations for each year group
- effective planning of a literacy unit
- effective teaching of literacy
- delivering good/outstanding literacy lessons
- accelerating the progress children make in literacy
- effective feedback to children
- cross-curricular links
- assessment , progress checking and work sampling
Detailed course outline and session time table
- Literacy expectations, end of year expectations for each year group: Nursery to Y6.
- Planning a literacy unit – a manageable approach.
- Planning a Literacy unit continued.
- Reading: how to teach reading; good practice; practical games and activities.
- Writing: how to teach writing.
- Phonics and Spelling.
- Speaking and Listening.
- Cross-curricular links.
- Assessment for Learning: tracking the progress children are making and using that assessment to effectively plan further learning.
- Literacy Book Scans: what you need to know.
- Delivering good or outstanding literacy lessons.
- Accelerating the progress of all children: what to do with the under-performing groups of children.
- FOOD!! Brilliant activities that are cheap and easy. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Content was very good and gave me some fantastic ideas
- Excellent tutor knowledge, engaging a relevant content
- Good examples resources and activities to be used in the classroom
- Thank you - a very valuable course
- Well organised, great information
- The small, quick activities to support and develop writing and spelling
- The wealth of new ideas and strategies provided during the course.
- Practical activities that are realistically useful
- Practical activities/games/strategies, which can be used in the classroom
- Games-ideas for teaching. information about what Ofsted would be looking for....
Membership special offers
13 September 2016
Members 1 place: £175+VAT
Members 2 places: £160+VAT per person
Members 3 places: £150+VAT per person