Non Members: £195 (excluding VAT)
Members: £175.50 (excluding VAT)
Course Length: 1 Day
Venue address: Heath House Training and Conference Centre, Cheadle Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 7BY
15 September 2017
17 January 2018
19 April 2018
09:30 to 15:30
Availability:15 September 2017
1817 January 2018
1819 April 2018
Interpreting data and tracking progress at KS1: A guide to using in-school summative assessment
Calculating attainment, evaluating standards and demonstrating progress at Key Stage 1
*The cost of this course includes a CD toolkit containing the workbook and the word version of any templates shown for you to take away and use in school.*
This one day course is aimed at headteachers, senior leaders, teachers and KS1 practitioners. It is practical and skills based. The course helps participants to understand the principles of evaluating outcomes at Key Stage 1. Participants learn how to make judgements about attainment, progress and achievement, and how to apply the methodology of progress tracking. Participants will learn how to use the EYFSP as a measure of prior attainment and how to calculate threshold proportions and use average point scores. During the day, participants will gain skills in measuring and evaluating individual and group progress and in collating and analysing data to identify strengths and weaknesses and aspects for improvement.
Participants are helped to:
- understand the principles of evaluating outcomes at Key Stage 1 including assessment without levels;
- make judgements about attainment, progress, and achievement;
- improve the accuracy and credibility of in-school summative assessment;
- collate and analyse data to identify strengths and weaknesses and aspects for improvement;
- apply the methodology of progress tracking;
- know how to use the EYFSP to track achievement at KS1;
- measure and evaluate individual and group progress in a world without levels.
Who can attend this course?
This course is designed for senior and subject managers, teachers and practitioners working in KS1.
Course time table and session outline
Session 1General information
- Changes to the national curriculum and to assessment
- Achievement, progress and learning
- Assessment terminology
- New curriculum assessment milestones
- Best fit
- Basic assessment skills
- The link with learning and teaching
- The early learning goals
Session 2Looking for learning
- Starting points Evaluating attainment
- The marriage of past and present
- Collating current data
- Achievement and the phonic screening check
- Analysing the attainment of groups
- Using averages
- Percentile ranking
Session 3Evaluating progress at Key Stage 1
- Progression basics
Session 4Tracking progress using milestones
- Harmonising the data
- Mapping progress from the Foundation Stage to the end of Key Stage 1
- Mapping the annual progress of groups
Course feedback: Interpreting Data and tracking progress at KS1
- “I now know how to look closely at my key stage results and attainment...super!”.
- “Excellent resources, folder of good info to take away...well packaged”.
- “A really good information day that will help”.
- “It was delivered really well by the presenter...very practical with excellent resources”.