Non Members: £195 (excluding VAT)
Members: £175.50 (excluding VAT)
Course Length: 1 Day
Venue address: Heath House Training and Conference Centre, Cheadle Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 7BY
02 November 2017
01 March 2018
09:30 to 15:30
Availability:02 November 2017
1401 March 2018
Accelerate progress in Maths through effective planning and assessment
The aims of the course are to help to inform teachers at KS2 what and how to plan for and assess pupil progress in the national curriculum for mathematics. The course will focus on the three aims of the mastery curriculum; mathematical fluency, reasoning and problem solving and how these headings will inform the formative assessment of every aspect of the curriculum.
This hands-on course will consider the freedom of schools to apply their own assessment criteria to school documents as well as looking at the purposes and uses of assessment to the class teacher.
Participants will gain formative assessment ideas for use within their own schools and will have considered how summative assessment can be designed to support ongoing formative assessment.
Delegates will have access to ongoing e-mail support from the tutor. The support is available for one month after the course and is designed to give participants the chance to try out the techniques taught within the course and then contact the tutor with any questions that arise.
Accelerate progress in Maths through effective planning and assessment: Course objectives:
- UNDERSTAND what is required in order to plan for and accelerate progress in all three strands of the National Curriculum: fluency; reasoning; and problem solving
- BE SECURE AND EMPOWERED by understanding how to plan for and assess mathematics as a connected body of knowledge
- KNOW what outstanding teaching in maths looks like and how to plan and assess for it to happen
- HAVE IN PLACE, a structure for activities to facilitate secure formative assessment ideas for application in their school
- CONSIDER how to plan and assess for the three strands of the National Curriculum, understanding, fluency and problem solving to happen in every lesson
- UNDERSTAND how and why misconceptions arise and how to teach to avoid this
Accelerate Progress in Maths Through Effective Planning & Assessment: Who Can Attend?
Accelerate progress in Maths through effective planning and assessment:Who Can Attend?
The course is aimed at teachers, subject leaders, head teachers and governors in Primary schools at KS2.
Meet the course tutor for Accelerate progress in Maths through effective planning and assessment
Russell is an independent mathematics adviser & author of text books in the primary and secondary sectors who has taught mathematics and worked with teachers in all five national-curriculum key stages. He has worked in schools with students and teachers in England and mainland Europe over the past twenty years.
Russell’s published work is for leading publishing houses and focuses on mastery and greater depth. He holds NCETM accreditation for leading professional development, and is a respected lecturer, adviser, trainer and teacher.