Non Members: £195.00 (excluding VAT)
Members: £175.50 (excluding VAT)
Course Length: 1 Day
Venue address: PBM Training and Consultancy (Head Office), Heath House Training and Conference Centre, Cheadle Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 7BY
01 January 2020
09.30 to 15.45
This course helps participants to get an understanding of how to maximise the effectiveness of their school lunchtime team, keep children safe and healthy, ensure children enjoy the social part of their day and have productive, undisturbed afternoons of learning, It will highlight and consider the main issues, look at the key principles of lunchtime such as its structure, behaviour and systems. It will help participants to consider where essential improvements may be made at their own settings. The spine of this course is based on the guidance, experience and professional expectation accumulated over many years spent nurturing the skills of excellent people. This one day course will help participants to focus on the following issues:
- What does a happy lunchtime look like?.....
- ….and how do we achieve hassle – free afternoons for learning.
- Valuing the lunchtime team.
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Sample job descriptions and related pay scales at each level.
- Clear lines of authority, line management and expectation.
- Performance management for lunchtime staff related to the School Development Plan.
- Handy tips on workload scheduling and prioritisation.
- Policies, systems and guidelines.
- Dealing with lunchtime behaviour issues.
- Making lunchtimes safe, healthy and enjoyable.
- Getting lunchtime staff involved.
- Lunchtime songs, games, activities and resources (practical).
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Action planning.
- Effective meetings with the admin team.
- Office practices, policies and procedures.
- Delegation and distribution.
Course ObjectivesParticipants will be able to go back to their own schools and consider whether they are getting the best out of their school lunchtimes, lunchtime staff and whether children get a good lunchtime deal. They will be able to assess current practices there and evaluate where improvements may be made.
In-School Training Information
In-School TrainingThis course is available as in-school training. If you would like to find out more about in-school training please go to the in-school training section CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT IN SCHOOL TRAINING or call us on 01889 567 014
Primary Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Office Administrators, School Business Managers.
Detailed course outline and session time table
- Objectives for the day
- What is the lunchtime picture now?
- Task: SWOT analysis
- The key principles of a successful school lunchtime
- The key questions
- Ideal picture
- TASK: painting the ideal picture
- Structures, systems and communication
- Roles and expectations
- Behaviour management
- Revisiting the key questions
- Successful lunchtimes
- Lunchtime activities
- Practical demonstrations of games and activities
- Continuation of games and activities with resources
- Empowering the lunchtime staff
- Action planning for a better future
- Feedback and objective check
- Evaluation of the day