Non Members: £195.00 (excluding VAT)
Members: £175.50 (excluding VAT)
Course Length: 1 Day
Venue address: PBM Training and Consultancy (Head Office), Heath House Training and Conference Centre, Cheadle Road, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 7BY
27 February 2018
22 May 2018
09:30 to 15:30
Availability:27 February 2018
1422 MAY 2018
Effective School Office ManagementWho can attend:
- Primary Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Office Administrators, School Business Managers
This course helps participants to get an understanding of how to maximise the effectiveness of their school office, concentrating on the development of office systems, procedures and practices with up-to–date reference to legislation and guidance. It also focuses on getting the best out of the office team personnel through clear line management, performance management, clear expectations and some handy tips on prioritised workload scheduling. The spine of this course is based on the guidance, experience and professional expectation accumulated over many years spent nurturing the skills of excellent people. This one day course will help participants to focus on the following issues:
- What does an effective school office look like?
- Valuing the team
- Roles and responsibilities at each level
- Sample job descriptions and related pay scales at each level
- Clear lines of authority, line management and expectation
- Performance management for administrative staff
- Four quadrants thinking
- Writing job descriptions
- Handy tips on workload scheduling and prioritisation
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Action planning
- Effective meetings with the admin team
- Office practices, policies and procedures
- Delegation and distribution
In-School Training Information
In-School TrainingThis course is available as in-school training. If you would like to find out more about in-school training please go to the in-school training section CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT IN SCHOOL TRAINING or call us on 01889 567 014
Participants will be able to go back to their own schools and consider whether they are getting the best out of their school office teams. They will be able to evaluate current practices and identify where improvements may be made.
Detailed course outline and session time table
- The School Office Team
- The chain of authority in the office
- Valuing the team from within the team
- Job descriptions, role and responsibilities
- Effective communication
- Developing an effective office team
- Models of office management
- Writing unambiguous job descriptions
- Helping the team to work smarter, not harder
- Action Planning office development
- Performance Management
- Four quadrants in office practice
- Workload scheduling and prioritising
- Office policies, procedures and practices
- Delegation or distribution
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the office team
- Objective Check
Tutor information and course feedback
“Found the training very helpful. I feel I am able to take back very useful information/ new ideas...very enjoyable. Got some good tips!”.
“ Real world issues presented by real world presenters”
“Training led by presenters actually doing the job. A lot of ideas given that can be taken and used in my work setting. Excellent handouts”.
“Once again delivered with professionalism and humour- great day thank you”.
“Trainers were clear and used helpful anecdotal evidence to support learning themes. Thank you”.
“A very useful day- helped to confirm a lot of what we do day to day is good practice but could be ‘even better if...’ and thinking about ways to change/ improve/ develop the way we do things”.
Experience of tutors and their knowledge
Experience / knowledge of trainers. Opportunities for open discussion.
SWOT analysis, policies, procedures, practises, structures, systems and communication
4 QUADRANT and passing the money! Oh yes!
The tutors - thank you