Service Options: 1 Day
Set Price: N/A + VAT
Full day from: £995.00 + VAT to £1455.00 + VAT
Half day from: N/A + VAT to N/A + VAT
This service can be tailored to your individual requirements
SEF Checking Service Level 3: Overview
Helping you to ensure that your summary record of school self-evaluation is accurate, suitably concise and evaluative
Do you have a viable SEF which is evaluative, rigorous and suitably concise? Are significant judgements explained and exemplified? Is the document internally consistent? Are you confident that the summary document accurately and fairly identifies and explains strengths and weaknesses and addresses any differences between the school’s view and the RAISEonline data?
This service is designed to help headteachers and senior leaders to produce a high quality school self-evaluation summary record. It takes away uncertainty and doubt and ensures that the judgements contained within the document are accurate and are clearly expressed in a suitable, concise manner. It ensures that significant judgements are explained and exemplified and strengths and weaknesses are identified and differences addressed and explained.
PBM provides three services to support headteachers and senior leaders with the Self-evaluation Summary Document or SEF.
- Service Level 1: Off Site checking service
- Service Level 2: In School Service: Judgment checking with some re-writing
- Service Level 3: In School Service: Judgement checking and rewriting service
SELF-EVALUATION SUPPORT: Service 3: In-school Service: judgment checking and full re-write
The service is conducted both on-site and off-site by an experienced inspector. The day in spent in-school with the senior leadership team, discussing the summary record of self-evaluation (SEF) as a document, the self-evaluation process, and the evidence for the judgements. Through discussion, the senior team and the consultant edits sections of the summary document, focusing especially on the outcomes. Time spent in school is typically 9am to 3pm. The remaining sections of the summary document are edited by the consultant off-site. Strengths and weaknesses are highlighted. The consultant will provide model re-wording for all sections where necessary but the final responsibility for accepting these models remains with the school. The school must check all of them for accuracy.
- The consultant will consider the following criteria when evaluating the summary record of self-evaluation:
- Are judgements and evaluations in the summary record of self-evaluation clearly expressed and accessible to the reader?
- Is the summary record of self-evaluation suitably concise?
- Is writing evaluative, not descriptive, and are significant judgements explained and exemplified as appropriate?
- Is the summary record of self-evaluation internally consistent?
- Does the summary record of self-evaluation fairly and accurately identify and explain the strengths and weaknesses of the school convincingly, including any differences between the school’s view and the RAISE online data?
- Are the issues for improvement in the summary record of self-evaluation explicit, do they focus on the most significant weaknesses, particularly relating to achievement, the quality of teaching, behaviour and safety, and leadership and management. Are they consistent with the school improvement plan, and do they provide a clear and practicable basis for action?
Documents required from the school
- Current version of the SEF
- RAISE online, current version and those versions from the previous two years
- Progress tracking evidence for each year group (last complete year)
- Early Years Foundation Stage Profile assessment data for the last three years (Where applicable)
- School improvement plan
To access this service:
To access this service, please use the enquiry option shown within this page. Alternatively if you wish to ask any questions regarding the service, you may prefer to phone us on 01889 567 014.
If 35 working days notice is given, cancellation is free of charge and payments will be refunded in full. If less than 35 working days but more than 25 working days notice is given, then you are liable for half of the contract value + VAT. If less than 25 working days notice is given you are liable for the full amount + VAT. All cancellations must be made by email. The date of the email will be taken to be the date of the cancellation. Working days are based upon school working days. Holiday periods do not count as working days.
Testimonials and feedback
“We firmly believe that the support that we received in writing our SEF/Summary Record was crucial in proving that the SLT understand both the school’s strengths and areas for improvement. This has then enabled us to really focus on the key points. In addition to this, it also played a part in demonstrating to Ofsted that the Leadership and Management is good and has the capacity to drive school improvement long term.”
Excerpt from the schools Ofsted report:
- “The school’s self-evaluation document provides an accurate picture of what the school does well and the priorities for further improvement.”
- “Robust checking on the school’s work by senior leaders, with a well-planned programme of staff development, is firmly in place.”