Becoming An Outstanding Teacher: Impacting On Children’s Learning
We are offering a little extra help to schools who are PBM Members who wish to attend this course.
This is a highly practical course and is aimed primarily at classroom teachers but is also appropriate for members of the leadership team. Delegates will leave with a very clear understanding of the expectations of the current inspection framework with regard to teaching and its impact on learning. They will look at strategies and approaches to bring about improvement in the quality of teaching.
Course Date: 10 February 2016
Cost for non-member: £195+VAT per person
A little extra help for PBM – Members:
1 Place: £175.50+vat Details and booking
2 Places: £170+vat per place Details and booking
3 Places: £160+vat per place (You save £105!) Details and booking
How do I register my school as a member?
Registering your school as a member couldn’t be easier. You can join today, free of any charge. You can access discounts straightaway and there are no obligations upon you or the school. Join Now
By the end of the day, delegates will:
- have a clear understanding of what the current inspection framework would expect as part of highly effective teaching.
- have a clear view as to any misconceptions they may have held regarding what constitutes the most effective teaching.
- be clear as to the importance of establishing a positive climate for learning in a classroom.
- understand more clearly the similarity in criteria between teaching that may be judged as good and that judged as outstanding.
- have a clear view as to the importance of monitoring the learning of all pupils/groups during a lesson and being confident in moving away from their planning, if needed.
- have reflected on the effectiveness of their current assessment and feedback practices in order to identify any possible gaps.
- be confident to return to school and to discuss the key aspects of this course with colleagues in order to open up a debate on the way we approach teaching.
If you would like to see details of the content covered in each of the 4 sessions throughout the day, please click here. By following this link you will also be able to access feedback from delegates who have already attended this course.
This course can be provided as in-school training. For further details please go to Becoming An Outstanding Teacher: Impacting On Children’s Learning