Are you sampling pupils work effectively under the new 2015 common inspection framework?
PBM training and consultancy have developed a one day course entitled Sampling Pupils’ Work Effectively using the September 2015 Common Inspection Framework and the School Inspection Handbook. The course is for senior and subject managers, teachers and other educational professionals. It is practical and skill based. Participants are taught to use work sampling as part of school self-evaluation. The training includes applying inspection criteria, criterion referenced assessment, evaluating the standards attained and the achievement of pupils, completing records, collating information, and planning action to bring about improvement.
Participants are helped to:
- UNDERSTAND and use work sampling as a means of evaluating the effectiveness of the provision;
- KNOW where to pitch judgements;
- RECORD findings clearly and unambiguously;
- APPLY the methodology of work sampling;
- DIAGNOSE priorities and plan for improvement.
Delegates who attend this course have said that the course provided:
- “Expert advice”
- “Gave a clear process and methodology – really helpful”
- “Strategies that can be effectively used in school almost immediately”
- “Practical advice and suggestions on how to implement in school across key stages”
If you would like to read about this course in more detail or if you would like to see the next dates and venues, please go to Sampling Pupils’ Work Effectively using the September 2015 Common Inspection Framework and the School Inspection Handbook.