Are you looking to develop outstanding middle leaders to drive school improvement?
The 22 January sees the start of the three day course Developing Outstanding Middle Leaders To Drive School Improvement. The course has been hugely popular and very well received by delegates. There are just 3 places left on the Spring term course.
The cost of the course for non-members is £585+VAT per person.
PBM Members can book the course at the following prices per delegate:
- Members: 1 place £526.50+VAT
- Members: 2 places £485+VAT per person
- Members: 3 places £468+VAT per person (You save £351)
The course is designed to help both the participant and the school.
The course helps the school to meet specific criteria identified within the inspection handbook, to show that the school is:
- developing the quality of middle leadership,
- facilitating the succession planning and development of future leaders in the school
- developing the capacity of it’s middle leaders to bring about further improvement
- ensuring that middle leaders pursue excellence, modelling professional standards in all of their work
- ensuring the accuracy of middle leaders’ monitoring and evaluation skills
The course helps participants to:
- UNDERSTAND the roles and responsibilities of a middle leader
- GAIN a deeper understanding of the self-evaluation process and it’s links to school improvement
- BECOME proficient at making and communicating judgements about pupil outcomes, provision, and leadership and management.
- DEVELOP the basic data handling skills used to monitor and evaluate attainment, progress, and achievement.
- ACQUIRE the necessary work sampling skills to quality assure teacher assessment and validate judgements about pupil progress.
- INTRODUCE essential lesson observation skills used during focused observations.
- LEAD a successful school improvement project
- ESTABLISH the link between evaluation and school improvement planning and present a practical model to support the planning process.
- KNOW your own leadership strengths and your priorities for development
- DEMONSTRATE leadership effectiveness through school improvement work
If you would like to find out more about this course and see the content of each of the 12 sessions, please click here